Ddakji - Fun & Easy Korean Game
The Korean Ddakji Game
Ddakji is a popular Korean game, played by two players or teams with an objectiver to flip the oppositions 'Ddakji'. This is a paper tile made with just.. paper! The beauty of this game is it's simplicity and that all you need to play is just paper.
How to make Ddakji:
- You will need several sheets of square origami paper. The size of the paper does not matter as long as it is square. If you only have A4 paper, just cut it into a square and you're good to go!
- Fold the paper into even thirds.
- Fold the left corner up and the right corner down.
- Repeat Step 2 and Step 3 with another sheet of paper.
- Place your folded paper like what's in the photo.
Fold the left and right flaps in.
Now fold the top flap down, and underneath the right flap, then fold the bottom flap up, and underneath the left flap.
- You are now ready to play!
How to play Ddakji:
- Play rock, scissors paper to decide who is attacking or defending.
- Defending person place their Ddakji on a flat surface, floor is best.
- Attacking player throws their Ddakji once onto the Ddakji on the floor with an objective to flip it. If it flips, you win! If it doesn't, then the attacking opportunity goes to the other player and you continue until you have a winner!
Looking for gift ideas? Or looking to get some Korean food and snacks? Check out our shop here.