How to make - Dalgona Candy (Featured in Squid Game) 🟥🟦
Dalgona is a nostalgic Korean sugar-candy that's both easy and fun to prepare!
Dalgona 달구나 literally translates to 'it's sweet' which got it's name from street vendors. It's crunchy with the first bite and then is chewy in your mouth, a bit like honeycomb!
- Baking Soda
- Stainless Steel ladle
- Non-stick baking sheet
- Chopstick / stick for stirring
- Anything with a smooth and round surface (Bowl, plate, burger press)
- Gas stove
- Ice cream sticks (optional)
- Cookie cutter (optional)
- Add 1.5 tablespoons of sugar to your ladle
- Turn on heat (low-medium) and hold the ladle above it
- When the sugar starts to melt, start stirring
- Keep stirring and melt the sugar until there are no lumps, be careful not to burn the sugar. Remove from heat if it starts to smoke and reduce heat.
- Remove ladle from heat and add one small pinch of baking soda
- Stir quickly for about 30 seconds - 1 min
- The Sugar-baking soda mix should have started to froth and change to a light caramel colour
- Pour the mixture onto baking sheet then press with a flat surface
- *Optional - Before the mixture cools, insert your icecream stick
- *Optional - Before the mixture cools, stamp the flattened mixture with your cookie cutter to get your desired shape/design
- Leave to cool for about 2 mins, then enjoy!
Like Korean Food? Check out our selection of meal kits and snacks 🍘